Saturday, January 19, 2008

Congress Targets Tejada; Selig & Fehr Discuss Steroids

On Tuesday, the House Government Reform and Oversight Committee requested an investigation. Their quarry? Miguel Tejada. Their objective? Determine Tejada’s credibility. In 2005, Tejada denied performance enhancing drug utilization. He also denied knowing any offenders.

Bud Selig: “I'm proud of the progress we've made. I never delude myself, because I know there's always more work to be done. But when you think of where we were three years ago to where we are ... I appreciated the response from them today. Do I wish we could have reacted quicker? Should we have? One could make the case. All of us have to take responsibility, starting with me.”

Donald Fehr: “Did we or did I appreciate the depth of the problem? ... The answer is 'No. It's a failure that we didn't, and it's a failure that I didn't.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home