Saturday, January 19, 2008

Parcells Pick: Dolphins Select Sparano

On Wednesday, the Miami Dolphins hired Dallas Cowboys Assistant Head Coach Tony Sparano. Sparano signed a 4-year contract. “When Bill [Parcells] and I discussed what we were looking for in a head coach, we talked about one of high character,” said General Manager Jeff Ireland. “We wanted someone who understood how to develop young players, one who could instill a culture that's all about winning. We think we found that guy. We know we found that guy.”

During his press conference, Sparano confronted the future. “Coach Parcells has taught me the most, prepared me the most for this job,” he said. “He's taught me a great deal and I'm going to continue to learn as much as I can. I don't really care what happened in the past. “I'm not afraid of challenges. I look forward to them.”

Familiarity breeds contempt? Familiarity breeds success. Familiarity engenders confidence and trust. Following Cam Cameron’s disaster, Parcells coveted expertise. He prioritized fortitude. Given the aforesaid, Sparano is perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home