Thursday, June 07, 2007

Donovan’s Public Repentance

Reconsideration is natural. Everyone rethinks their decisions. Everyone ponders results post-choice. Humans are indecisive and remorseful. Thus, the road not taken is appealing. The road forsaken is alluring. Ultimately, either road concludes with revision.

Last weekend, Billy Donovan reconsidered. Unfortunately, his reconsideration was public. On Friday, the Orlando Magic hired Donovan. Subsequently, Donovan expressed regret. Following intense negotiations, he resigned. On Thursday, the Florida Gators and Donovan reunited.

During his press conference, Donovan apologized. "There was no words, there was no pressure by anyone to come back," Donovan said. "It was what was in my heart. You realize you made a mistake and you go forward. I think sometimes people think, 'Well what happened? What was the reason?' There really wasn't one. It had nothing to do with the Magic, my wife, the University of Florida, it was a process I went through myself that I'm sorry for."

Last Friday, Donovan signed a 5-year, $27.5 million contract. On Sunday, his remorse commenced. On Monday, he requested an exit. On Tuesday and Wednesday, negotiations were held. On Thursday, Donovan departed Orlando.

Donovan’s decision is correct. Last week, I accused Donovan of monetary adoration. My opinion was incorrect. I am thankful Donovan reconsidered. I applaud his choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home