Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wildcat Out: Beasley Departs Kansas State

Upon Coach Bob Huggins’ exodus, Michael Beasley attempted escape. Unfortunately, Kansas State balked. Beasley was trapped. Kansas State’s decision was correct. Sadly, Beasley’s future was sealed.

On Monday, Beasley declared his NBA eligibility. Assuming Derrick Rose’s presence, Beasley is the probable second selection. Sans Rose, Beasley will be chosen first. “It's time to take my game to the next level,” Beasley said. “I think I proved myself over the course of the season. I just think it's time for new challenges.”

Last season, Beasley averaged 26.2 points and 12.4 rebounds per contest. He tallied three forty-plus, ten thirty-plus, and twelve twenty-plus point contests. He also registered 29 double-doubles.

Beasley possesses immense talent. He is physically mature. Regrettably, Huggins never coached him. Beasley’s signature season was stolen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home