Monday, April 14, 2008

Obama Responds, Eviscerates Clinton

Barack Obama: “Now I am the first to admit that some of the words I chose I chose badly, because as my wife reminds me, I’m not perfect. She reminds me of this frequently, and events often remind me as well.”

“So I’m not a perfect man and the words I chose, I chose badly. They were subject to misinterpretation, they were subject to be twisted, and I regret that. I regret that deeply. But. But. But. When people suggest that somehow I was demeaning religion. When I know that I’m a man of deep faith, somebody who in my own life has held on to faith, held onto my confidence in God during times of trial and tribulation, then it sounds like there’s some politics being played.”

“When people suggest I was somehow being elitist and demeaning hunters when I have repeatedly talked about the tradition that people pass on from generation to generation, hunters and sportsmen, and how I have consistently spoken about my respect for the Second Amendment. When people try to suggest that I was demeaning those traditions, then it sounds like there’s some politics being played. And what really burns me up is when people suggest that me saying that folks are mad, they are angry, they are bitter after 25, 30 years of seeing jobs shipped out, pensions not fulfilled, health care lost. The notion that people are surprised, and are suggesting that I’m out of touch because I spoke honestly about people’s frustrations, that tells me there’s some politics going on.”

“She is running around talking about how this is an insult to sportsmen, how she values the Second Amendment. She’s talking like she’s Annie Oakley.”

“I just have to remind people of the track record. This is the same person who took money from financial folks on Wall Street and then voted for bankruptcy bill that makes it harder for folks right here in Pennsylvania to get a fair shake. Who do you think is out of touch? This is the same person who spent a decade with her husband campaigning for NAFTA, and now goes around saying she’s opposed to NAFTA.”

“Every four years, we get politicians coming before you and they say the same things. They say that they’re gonna fight for you. They say they’re gonna bring all the jobs back. They say they’re gonna get health care done. They say they’re gonna make sure our trade deals are fair. You guys have been hearing that. You’ve been hearing it forever. And things haven’t changed. And of course you’re frustrated about that. Of course you’re angry about that. Of course you’re bitter about that. But here’s the good news: the good news is, that when we started this campaign we said we were gonna do something different.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home