Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Dungy Pronounces, Pleads Vick’s Future

Tony Dungy: “Michael bounced teams off me -- 'hey, these people called, what do you think? I think something's gonna happen this week. A lot of people then began to call me. And I got calls from a lot of coaches, and most of the coaches said, 'Hey, tell me about it, if I wanted to sign this guy, I would want to look in his eyes and find out if anything's different -- give me that feel.”

“And I did I recommend [Vick] to maybe a dozen guys. I think he has changed as a person. I think he recognizes what he did and the lifestyle that he had wasn't conducive to not only playing well, but it was detrimental to a lot of young people. I think he had about 18 months to think about that. From a personal standpoint I think the thing he needs is to get with a football family. And the quicker he can do that, the better.”

“That's why I'm hoping it works that somebody signs him, gets him involved in their program, gets their good players, good people around him, gets their support staff around him. That, to me, is gonna be the most beneficial thing to him, to get somewhere and say 'This is my group now that I'm depending on and I know they're depending on me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home