Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Denver’s Blunder

Agent Bus Cook: “The perception that they've been burning the phone lines the last 10 days is wrong. In fact, the other day I asked Jay if he had heard from them and he said, 'no.' I didn't hear from them until yesterday [Tuesday] morning when [GM] Brian Xanders called me and said that Mr. Bowlen needs to speak with Jay now. I told him all I can do is leave Jay a message. I didn't reach Jay directly -- I don't know what he was doing -- but I left a message. Then Brian called at the end of the day and asked me if I had heard from him. I hadn't. I heard from Jay when he called to tell me he just saw on TV he was being traded. They can spin it the way they want to spin it.”

Jay Cutler: “I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon. I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. They [The Broncos] had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't. I really didn't want this. I love Denver. I really like my teammates. I didn't want it to get this far.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home