Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Cavaliers Charter Bennett

On Wednesday, Virginia hired Washington State Coach Tony Bennett. “I came here to build a great team, but more importantly, I came here to build a program that lasts, and the way you go about that is you have great integrity and you have great passion,” said Bennett. “Everything is in place here at the University of Virginia.”

During his career, Bennett has accrued 69-33 record. He has secured two NCAA Tournament appearances. “I mentioned Tony's name and there was a silence and I was kind of taken aback because the response was, 'You've got to be kidding me.' I took that to be a bad thing,” said Athletic Director Craig Littlepage. “And actually, the response was, 'You've got to be kidding me. If you can get this guy, it would be exactly what you need.’”

Since 1997-1998, Virginia has amassed a 192-172 record. Unfortunately, they have secured only two NCAA Tournament appearances. Bennett should improve them. However, Virginia must moderate their expectations. Postseason attainment must be sufficient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home