Monday, January 19, 2009

Ram Triumph

On Monday, the St. Louis Rams hired New York Giants Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. “I always felt that I would accept a head coaching position when we felt it, when the fit was right, when the people were right,” said Spagnuolo. “When I sat with Billy [Devaney] and Chip [Rosenbloom], the feel was there and then it was an easy decision.”

According to Devaney, character sold Spagnuolo. “Besides being a really outstanding football coach, I think we've got a really solid person,” said Devaney. “I think the Rams' community, and I know our football players are going to be thrilled.”

Last offseason, the Atlanta Falcons hired Jacksonville Jaguars Defensive Coordinator Mike Smith. The Baltimore Ravens hired Philadelphia Eagles Secondary Coach John Harbaugh. The Miami Dolphins hired Dallas Cowboys Assistant Head Coach Tony Sparano. Each went 11-5. Spagnuolo should mirror their results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home