Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New York Mouth, Buddy Ryan Mediocrity

On Wednesday, the New York Jets hired Baltimore Ravens Defensive Coordinator Rex Ryan. “With all the cameras and all that, I was looking for our new president back there,” said Ryan. “I think we'll get to meet him in the next couple years anyway. I'm not afraid of expectations. My goal is to win a Super Bowl. It's not to just win X number of games.”

During his press conference, Ryan’s confidence was evident. “I'm not a one-hit wonder,” he said. “When you look at my background, I think I've been successful at all stops along the way. I know the kind of responsibility it takes to be a head football coach. Again, you got the right guy -- and I plan on proving that each and every week.”

Since Bill Parcells’ exodus, the Jets have hired three former defensive coordinators. They have amassed a 71-73 record. They have scored six playoff appearances. They have won only two playoff contests. Ryan’s mediocrity will be similar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home