Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Brett Favre, New York Jets Captain

Brett Favre: “I'm honored. I felt a little uncomfortable to be voted. I feel like I need to earn it. I don't want it to be based on past performances or longevity, whatever. All those things are important, but what's important is what I do here and how I carry myself as a teammate, what type of leader I am. But you have to vote a captain, as every team does, early in the year and I'm honored to represent this team.”

Coach Eric Mangini: “Obviously, he's fitting in well to be voted on by his peers to be a captain. I think the question of how he's adjusting, how he's fitting in with the guys has been clearly answered by the fact that his peer group -- I don't know how peer groups work with that age differential -- but the kids voted for him.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home