Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Third Choice: Bulls Draft Del Negro

On Wednesday, the Chicago Bulls hired Phoenix Suns Assistant General Manager Vinny Del Negro. “I haven't coached before,” he said. “But like I said before, as people get to know me and we get this team going in the right direction, winning builds confidence. There's a young team here and they need some confidence. I'm not a magician, it will take time. It's a huge challenge, but I feel very confident with people around me and the support staff I have. I can control three things: I know this team will be well-conditioned, well-prepared and competitive. It will compete at a high level.”

Following Michael Jordan’s exodus, Chicago carded six consecutive losing campaigns. They amassed a 119-341 record. Scott Skiles transformed them. Hopefully, Del Negro mirrors his example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home