Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Money Scuttles Shaun Alexander

On Tuesday evening, the Seattle Seahawks released Shaun Alexander. During his press conference, Alexander was magnanimous. “I want to thank the Seahawks and [Coach Mike] Holmgren for all they have done for me and my family over the years. I have nothing but respect and affection for the Seahawks staff, my teammates and the organization. I wish them the best. I especially want to thank the Seahawks fans. You made me feel proud every time I stepped on the field as a member of the Seahawks. I look forward to hopefully returning to Qwest Field one day to play against the Seahawks.”

From 2000-2005, Alexander amassed 1,717 carries, 7,817 yards, and 89 touchdowns. Unfortunately, injuries impeded him. In 2006 and 2007, Alexander accrued only 459 carries, 1,612 yards, and 11 touchdowns. “It shows you how tough this game is, how ever-changing it is, how you can't play forever,” said President Tim Ruskell. “You just can't do it.”

On Tuesday afternoon, Alexander passed his physical. Gutlessly, Seattle still scrapped him. Instead of loyalty, they made a money decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home