Thursday, November 01, 2007

Nine Lucrative… Romo Banks

On Tuesday, the Dallas Cowboys rewarded Tony Romo. Romo inked a 6-year, $67 million extension. Despite this achievement, Romo remains modest. “I never really thought this was a goal along the way. I still don't necessarily perceive it as a goal, but it's something really neat that I get to experience," Romo said. “It's special just to be a part of this. The best feeling by far is that the organization, the Jones family, our coaches and everyone say, 'Hey, you're our guy. You're the guy we want to go to the next level with. We want to get back to the Super Bowl around here and win these things.' That means everything, more than the money ever could.”

Personally, I disliked Romo. I thought he was overhyped. I thought he was a game manager. I am not completely convinced. However, Romo has performed. He has been exemplary. He has resurrected the Cowboys. Currently, he is amongst the NFL’s best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home