Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Judging Amy

Amy Jacobson: “I'm crushed. I can't lie to you. I'm devastated. I thought they would suspend me and then support me. I can't believe they did this after all I'd done for them. They know why I was there. There was never any challenge as to my motivation or intent. My kids were in the car with me. It was a way for me to do my work and have fun with my kids. I never get to see them. I'm always working. If a tape didn't exist, I know I would still have my job. The video they used was not indicative of the situation. They never showed Craig's sister or all the other kids who were there. I never would have gone there by myself if he [Craig Stebic] were there alone. He had never done anything inappropriate or made any sort of advance to me. Hell, no. And I certainly wouldn't have brought my children there if there weren't other kids around too. I know I made a lapse in judgment. I know it and I apologize for it. But I'm a competitive person and I did it to advance the story. I learned some things about the case that were pretty interesting that I never got to report. The competitive pressure is unbelievable.”

Amy, your contrived emotion is repugnant. You think suspension and support were merited? Your actions were ghastly, inappropriate, and vile. They know why you were there? You wore a bikini. Your kids were with you? You were combining work and fun? Your work is not fun. You were a professional. The video was not indicutive? The video resonated. You were ridiculous. Circumstances are irrelevant. Your host was a suspected killer. You know your judgment lapsed? The aforesaid is a monumental understatement. You did not advance a story. You embarrassed the profession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home