Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Sooner’s Choice is Obvious, Oblivious

On Tuesday, Blake Griffin declared his NBA eligibility. Griffin is the probable first selection. “This is the right decision. In my mind, it's a no-brainer,” said Oklahoma Coach Jeff Capel. “It wasn't a decision to really debate because it's the right one, and it's the best thing for Blake.”

Last season, Griffin averaged 22.7 points and 14.4 rebounds per contest. He racked fourteen twenty-five plus point contests. He registered nineteen fifteen-plus rebound contests. In the NCAA Tournament, Griffin averaged 28.5 points and 15.0 rebounds per contest. “I felt in my mind from the time that I actually thought about it that this would be the right decision,” he said. “I remember talking to Coach Capel last year after I made my decision of coming back and he said I had the chance to be in this position and I should take it.”

Simply stated, Griffin’s potential is indefinable. He is not Patrick Ewing. He is not Shaquille O'Neal. He is simply a mediocre classes’ cornerstone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home