Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jones-Drew’s Jolt Deserved?

On Wednesday, the Jacksonville Jaguars retained Maurice Jones-Drew. Jones-Drew signed a 4-year, $31 million contract. “I'm very confident this is the type of young man that will go out and continue to display the things that have made him so popular to begin with,” said Coach Jack Del Rio. “He's gonna get plenty of work. We're excited about getting him the ball more often.”

During his career, Jones-Drew has recorded 544 carries, 2,581 yards, and 35 touchdowns. He has registered 155 receptions, 1,500 yards, and 5 touchdowns. “I still love the game,” he said. “I'm going to play the way I play. Nothing's going to change. You see some guys get paid and they kind of shut it down. That's not how I was raised, that's not how I ever played the game before. I'm going to continue to play and work hard and do everything I can to help this team win.”

For three seasons, Fred Taylor and Jones-Drew shared carries and credit. Today, Jones-Drew owns the conversation. Centerpiece and contributor are polar opposites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home