Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Obama Realizes Risk, Requests Patience

President Obama: “I’m not going to make any excuses. If stuff hasn’t worked, if people don’t feel like I’ve led the country in the right direction then you’ll have a new president. But I do think the American people understand that these are some, really big tough problems and it’s going to take some time for us to get ourselves out. I have great faith in the American people and their faith and wisdom.”

“Americans I’ve met understand that even with this plan our economy will likely be measured in years, not weeks or months. You’ve got common sense, you understand that it took us a long time to get into this fix, we’re not going to get out of it over night. But what you don’t have patience for is just listening to a bunch of bickering in Washington with nothing getting done.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home