Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Raptors Stagnate, Mitchell Suffers

On Wednesday, the Toronto Raptors fired Coach Sam Mitchell. During his tenure, Mitchell logged a 150-182 ledger. Upon his firing, the Raptors stood 8-9. “I have a lot to be thankful for, they really gave me the opportunity to have a career in coaching, something I always wanted to do after I played,” said Mitchell. “So yeah, it's a disappointment that I really wasn't given the chance to finish what I started, but you know what, I feel like I accomplished a lot of good things. I think the players that played for me all got better.”

Since 2006-2007, the Raptors have scored consecutive playoff appearances. They have won zero playoff series. Theoretically, the Raptors possess immense potential. Unfortunately, they are a mirage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home