Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Obama Offers Peace & Prosperity

President-Elect Obama: “To our Republican colleagues, let me just say a special word. I offer you the same hand of friendship and cooperation that I offer our Democratic governors. We have a strong and vibrant democracy. We compete vigorously during an election. But with the end of that season comes the time to govern together -- and that time is now.”

“As president, I will not simply ask our nation's governors to help implement our economic recovery plan. I will ask you to help design that plan. Because if we're listening to our governors, we'll not only be doing what's right for our states, we'll be doing what's right for our country. That's how we'll grow our economy -- from the bottom-up. And that's how we'll put America on the path to long-term prosperity.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home