Sunday, December 14, 2008

Annika Sorenstam Concludes Career

Annika Sorenstam: “I felt at peace walking up the 18th hole. I really felt very content. I saw some players standing behind the 18th green; that gave me a tear. I saw my parents and my family and that gave me a tear. Life goes on. I am very happy about my decision to move on. I feel very happy [with my achievements] and at the same time if you think about 15 years and all of the things that I have achieved, it's sad.”

“But you close the door and you open another one. I am glad that I have a chance to do that. I have the option to do that. Never say never. But, on the other hand, I feel great right now. This is what I have been waiting for. There is a lot of talent out there. I feel very good about women's golf, in general. It's on the rise and it will continue to grow. I think stepping away at this time is very appropriate.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home