Saturday, November 01, 2008

Senator Porky: That’s Not All, Folks

As previously stated, Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK) epitomizes corruption. He is a charlatan. He is a swindler. As Senate Appropriations Committee chairman, he could have constrained spending and solved entitlements. Instead, he exploded spending.

On Monday, Stevens was convicted of concealing gifts. VECO Corporation renovated his house. They renovated sans payment. “I am obviously disappointed in the verdict but not surprised given the repeated instances of prosecutorial misconduct in this case,” said Stevens. “Exculpatory evidence was hidden from my lawyers. A witness was kept from us and then sent back to Alaska. The government lawyers allowed evidence to be introduced that they knew was false. I will fight this unjust verdict with every ounce of energy I have.”

“I am innocent,” he continued. “This verdict is the result of the unconscionable manner in which the Justice Department lawyers conducted this trial. I ask that Alaskans and my Senate colleagues stand with me as I pursue my rights. I remain a candidate for the United States Senate. I will come home on Wednesday and ask for your vote. There's not a black mark by my name yet, until the appeal is over and I am finally convicted, if that happens. If that happens, of course I'll do what's right for Alaska and for the Senate ... I don't anticipate it happening, and until it happens I do not have a black mark.”

Alaska is an oxymoron. They are an important and irrelevant state. Their population is assorted and similar. Stevens symbolizes this. He is a powerful pariah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home