Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Senator Porky Perpetrator

On Tuesday, Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK) was indicted. Stevens was charged with concealing gifts. Allegedly, VECO Corporation renovated his house. They renovated sans payment.

Predictably, Stevens’ reaction was narcissistic. “I have proudly served this nation and Alaska for over 50 years,” he said. “My public service began when I served in World War II. It saddens me to learn that these charges have been brought against me. I have never knowingly submitted a false disclosure form required by law as a U.S. senator.”

Stevens epitomizes corruption. He is a charlatan. He is a swindler. As Senate Appropriations Committee chairman, he could have constrained spending and solved entitlements. Instead, he exploded spending. Stevens should resign. He should sacrifice himself. Unfortunately, Stevens’ ego is gargantuan. No one ever trumps him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home