Thursday, October 30, 2008

Race For Philanthropy?

Lance Armstrong: “What happened from 1992 to 2005 is done. I'm not trying to rewrite it at all. This feels like a whole other career to me. And this is not all about winning another Tour de France. Could I do it? Would I like to do it? Maybe yes, maybe no.”

“If you win an eighth Tour and have the Livestrong International Summit in Paris and nobody shows up and no commitments are made and we don't effect change in terms of the global burden, then I've wasted everybody's time. However, if you don't do the Tour, or you do the Tour and you get fourth, and the summit is a smashing success and people participate, and world leaders make commitments that really go towards advancing this issue, then that's a success. This has nothing to do with trying to address August of 2005.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home