Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Moron Boneheads Embrace Calamity

As previously stated, professional sports are shortsighted. They are absurdly forgettable. Consistently, franchises ignore accomplishments. They embrace change for change.

On Monday, the Milwaukee Brewers fired Manager Ned Yost. Coach Dale Sveum supplanted him. “Yost didn't have all the answers for what is going on the last two weeks and I'm not sure I have all the answers,” said General Manager Doug Melvin. “I'm not sure this is the right one, either. We just felt a managerial change at least gives us a chance to see if we can turn it around.”

Yost’s reaction was mixed. “When I walked in, I hadn't even sat down on the couch and Doug said we were going to make a change,” he said. “They didn't ask me any questions [or] what did I think we needed to do. There was none of that. I don't agree with the decision, but I respect Doug Melvin's decision. That's what I ask my players to do. If I make a decision, I don't ask you to agree with it all the time. I just ask you to respect it.”

During his tenure, Yost amassed a 457-502 record. In 2003, he was 68-94. In 2004, he was 67-94. In 2005, he was 81-81. In 2006, he was 75-87. In 2007, he was 83-79. Upon his firing, the Brewers stood 83-67. “We have not played good for the last two weeks, that's well-documented and I, being the head of the club, must take responsibility for that,” said Yost. “They felt my responsibility was to step down and let somebody else take over.”

Since 1983, the Brewers have logged a 1,958-2,195 record. They have accrued zero playoff appearances. In my opinion, C.C. Sabathia could not alter this. Yost’s termination will not alter this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home