Thursday, September 13, 2007

Withering White Sox Want Guillen

On Wednesday, the Chicago White Sox retained Manager Ozzie Guillen. Guillen signed a three-year contract. During his tenure, Guillen has accrued a 345-299 record. Upon his retention, the White Sox stood 62-84.

According to General Manager Ken Williams, Guillen is not responsible. “The problems that we are having right now, I simply do not believe that they are problems that are with our coaching staff or with our manager,” Williams said. “I already said previously that I put all that weight on my shoulders. I'm the one that has to put them in a better position to win baseball games and that means going out and making the necessary adjustments to get this team where we are better and get guys back up to their normal level of production.”

Professional sports are shortsighted. They are absurdly forgettable. Consistently, franchises ignore accomplishments. They embrace change for change. Guillen is abrasive, obnoxious, and severe. With that stated, he is a World Series champion. I am elated the White Sox retained him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home