Saturday, August 09, 2008

Dolphins Reprieve, Retrieve Pennington

On Saturday, the Miami Dolphins signed Chad Pennington. Pennington inked a 2-year, $11.5 million contract. “I've learned a lot, become a better professional and a better man because of my experience and my time in New York,” said Pennington. “I don't regret or feel ashamed about anything that happened to me in my time in New York. The most difficult part is just the realization that the organization no longer wants you. You spend eight years there and, in the blink of an eye, you're no longer wanted there.”

For eight seasons, the New York Jets ostracized Pennington. New York fans abhorred him. Pennington was not Tom Brady. However, he was adequate. He warranted better. In my opinion, Pennington will resurrect Miami.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home