Thursday, July 24, 2008

NEW RULE

Athletic excellence should supersede.

Caleb Campbell: “When I got drafted, I told people that I was going to have the best of both worlds. I was going to be in the United States Army and I was going to have a chance to play professional football. Now, I have the best of one world and I'm very positive about that. It's all going to work out. I'm in great shape and I'm going to stay in great shape. I'm going to fulfill my duty to the United States Army and do what I've got to do. One day, hopefully I'll get another opportunity to play in the NFL.”

Obviously, Campbell chose the military. He has a commitment. The Army’s decision is correct. With that stated, Campbell is rare. He is an athletic cadet. He possesses immense talent. The Detroit Lions chose him. Campbell deserves a professional career.

Imagine the positive publicity. Campbell would prove invaluable. He would epitomize patriotism. He would inspire thousands. He is not merely a recruit. He is an icon. Ne season, Detroit should host him. Iraq should not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home