Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Childress Swaggers, Scores Nothing

On Tuesday, Atlanta Hawks forward Josh Childress renounced his NBA employment. Instead, he chose European professional basketball. His decision left Al Horford stating the obvious. “Obviously I'm not happy with it because I wanted him on my team,” said Horford. “I wish things would have turned out different, but it's his decision at the end of the day. I'm disappointed about it because he's one of the guys that I really liked to play with…”

During his career, Childress averaged 11.1 points and 5.6 rebounds per contest. In 2007-2008, Childress averaged 11.8 points and 4.9 rebounds per contest. “I've talked to a few guys, and it could become a trend,” he said “I'm not so sure it won't. It's different. We thought out of the box a little on this one.”

Childress’ assertion is incorrect. NBA abandonment will not increase. The NBA is glitzy and worldwide. Europe is isolated and obscure. Unfortunately, Childress is arrogant, greedy, and narcissistic. His choice simply secured irrelevance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home