Thursday, July 17, 2008

Manny Being Mouthy

Manny Ramirez: “I want no more [expletive] where they tell you one thing and behind your back they do another thing. I think I've earned that respect, for a team to sit down with me and tell me this is what we want, this is what we want to do. To be honest with you, I don't know, I want to stay in Boston, but I want to sit down after the season with ownership and see what my future is going to be in Boston. Let's see, but the ball is in my court. If they don't pick it up, I'm a free agent and I'll go play somewhere else. We'll see. It's not to protect myself. I just want to know what my future is going to be. I just want them to tell me, 'We're going to take it year by year,' or, 'We're going to do this.' That's fine. Just so I know what's going on with my situation.”

Owner John Henry: “I find remarks that we have been anything other than completely straightforward to be personally offensive. Manny has been a crucial part of two world championships. I do not believe we would have won either without him. He has never played a more important role than he has thus far this year.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home