Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Pat Riley: Shaq, Shut Up!

Shaquille O’Neal: “I love playing for this coach and I love playing with these guys [Phoenix Suns]. We have professionals who know what to do. No one is asking me to play with Chris Quinn or Ricky Davis. I'm actually on a team again.”

Pat Riley: “It's sad that he says those things. We shared so much here, together, for three years, good and bad, 3½ years. I just think it's sad that he's got to do that. When you're 9-40, we're all frustrated. I mean everybody's at fault, we all were. Everybody was feeling bad and nobody wants that. He didn't want to be there, he didn't want to play for that kind of situation, 35 years old. He wanted to go to a contender and we sent him there. We sent him to Utopia and we're left here with the carnage and I don't know why he's not happy. It's really a shame that he would insult those people like that because they gave him care. They cared. They didn't kiss his butt. They cared about him. He can do whatever he wants to do to me. That's OK, I don't care. But those men, they tried. ... That upsets me more than anything.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home