Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One Week Late: Clinton Rips Reverend Wright

Hillary Clinton: “He would not have been my pastor. You know, we don’t have a choice when it comes to our relatives. We have a choice when it comes to our pastors and the churches we attend. Everyone will have to decide these matters for themselves. They are obviously very personal matters … I think the choice would be clear for me. I gave a speech at Rutgers, about a year ago, that was triggered by the Don Imus comments. And I said that it was time for standing up for what is right, for saying enough is enough, for urging that we turn a culture of degradation into a culture of empowerment, for saying that, while we, of course, must protect our right to freedom of expression, it should not be used as a license or an excuse to demean and humiliate our fellow citizens.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home