Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Re-Contesting Pork Chop Hill

President Roh: I think I might be wrong -- I think I did not hear President Bush mention the -- a declaration to end the Korean War just now. Did you say so, President Bush?

President Bush: I said it's up to Kim Jong Il as to whether or not we're able to sign a peace treaty to end the Korean War. He's got to get rid of his weapons in a verifiable fashion. And we're making progress toward that goal. It's up to him.

President Roh: I believe that they are the same thing, Mr. President. If you could be a little bit clearer in your message, I think –

President Bush: I can't make it any more clear, Mr. President. We look forward to the day when we can end the Korean War. That will end -- will happen when Kim Jong-il verifiably gets rid of his weapons programs and his weapons. Thank you, sir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home