Monday, July 09, 2007

Patrick Departs

Dan Patrick: “I feel privileged to have had this opportunity and I have extremely mixed emotions about leaving. With that said, I told ESPN that I believe it's time for me to try something different, something that will also be challenging and rewarding. While I'm not sure what that will be, I am grateful to ESPN for its willingness to allow me to pursue new endeavors.”

Despite subtle arrogance, Patrick is a cornerstone. During his career, he has displayed brilliance and virtuosity. Since 1997, ESPN has declined. Patrick’s status has similarly dwindled. With that stated, Patrick is not annoying or obnoxious. He is not Chris Berman or Stuart Scott. Patrick’s departure finishes ESPN. Yes, they will continue broadcasting. However, they are now sans stars and significance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home