Monday, June 04, 2007

Stupid, Sheff

Gary Sheffield: “I called it years ago. What I called is that you're going to see more black faces, but there ain't no English going to be coming out. … [It's about] being able to tell [Latin players] what to do -- being able to control them. Where I'm from, you can't control us. You might get a guy to do it that way for a while because he wants to benefit, but in the end, he is going to go back to being who he is. And that's a person that you're going to talk to with respect, you're going to talk to like a man. These are the things my race demands. So, if you're equally good as this Latin player, guess who's going to get sent home? I know a lot of players that are home now can outplay a lot of these guys.”

I profoundly admire Sheffield. However, his opinion is asinine. Latinos are not controllable. African-Americans are disinterested in baseball. They admire Lebron James and Dwayne Wade. Sheffield should shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home