Thursday, June 14, 2007

Quarterbacks Insight

David Garrard: “I was told we have to bring him in to look at. [Culpepper] has a good relationship with Mike Tice from their days together in Minnesota. If I'm the owner and I can get somebody cheap like that, I'd be dumb not to [consider it]. If my [practice] snaps are diminished [with Culepper around], then I have to make some business moves myself. It's not like ... if they released me, I would just wither away.”

Byron Leftwich: “Yeah, they talked to me. [Offensive coordinator] Dirk [Koetter] did. He said it doesn't have anything to do with my status. He just wanted to make sure we knew it was true. They don't have to tell you what they're thinking. It was cool. It's smart to look into it, especially with me having only one year on my contract. I understand it. I'm in the last year of my contract and nobody knows which way this is going to go.”

Garrard and Leftwich’s attitudes are refreshing. They realize Culpepper‘s acquisition improves Jacksonville. They also know quarterbacks are coveted. Thus, they are relaxed. Culpepper should imitate their example.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home