Friday, June 15, 2007

Bonds’ Attorney Asinine

Michael Rains: “The only thing I am going to tell you is the information I supplied him was not something under any circumstances that he could ignore. I'm hoping based on his review of and consideration of that information that we can have an announcement before long that will be a good announcement for Barry, anyway. And that will be that they do not intend to proceed with an indictment. It is one of those things where I am not going to be out there grandstanding if I can get him to do the right thing. I am respectful of the process. But we've been going through all this stuff with the [San Francisco] Chronicle people saying when grand jury testimony gets leaked that the public has a right to know. Well, I'll echo what they've said, 'The public has the right to know.' And the public has the right to know of the information I have given to Mr. Schools. And it has a right to know how the government has conducted itself here and I hope the government will engage in some dialogue with the media and the public to discuss this. I would like him to come out and talk about why they have chosen not to indict Barry. I would like that much. Knowing the way they have operated, even this guy is terse. My guess would be even if we see that happening he'll probably come out through his press relations guy with some two line letter saying, 'Scott Schools announced today that he won't be seeking more indictments in the BALCO case. Goodbye.' And that may be all we hear from him. At which time, I think the public will hear from me.”

Rains is ludicrous. If he possessed exculpatory evidence, he would rent billboards. He has nothing. Michael, your client is dirty. He used steroids. America has accepted this. You should accept this. Your supposition and whining are irrelevant. They are also pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home