Thursday, February 15, 2007

What Should We Expect?

Tim Hardaway: "You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Sports are stereotypical. Ignoring pain and injury is masculine. Bruised and victorious combatants are warriors. Anticipated, vital contests are battles and wars. The locker room is a sanctuary. Simply stated, sports are not enlightened. They are a simplistic domain; exempt from progress.

This may be the twenty-first century. However, sports objectives remain unaltered. Home runs occur with distance. Tackles are violent. Jump shots are metaphorical bragging. Culture has transformed. Sport may never. Thus, Hardaway’s vitriol was disturbing, yet expected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home