Sunday, October 04, 2009

Trusting Iran Takes Ten Days

IAEA President Mohamed ElBaradei: “I see that we are at a critical moment. I see that we are shifting gears from confrontation into transparency and cooperation. I hope and trust Iran will be helpful with our inspectors so it is possible for us to be able to assess our verification of the facility as early as possible. We need transparency on the part of Iran and we need cooperation on the part of the international community. As I have said many times and I continue to say today, the agency has no complete proof that there is an ongoing weapons program in Iraq. There are allegations that Iran has conducted weaponization studies. However these allegations we are still looking into and we are looking to Iran to help us clarify.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home