Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Troublemaker Obfuscates, Blames Media

Terrell Owens: “It really just shows you the angle that the media has taken all these years. Over the years I've always kind of spoken openly about whatever is being asked with my answers, so the last four or five years I've kind of noticed that and tried taking some steps to prevent some of those things from happening.”

“But Sunday as you saw, it was obviously ... the media took some more than initiative to try to get me to kind of go down the wrong path. I know the last two teams that I've been on, I felt like I left those teams prematurely due to media interviews that I've done and things kind of taken out of context and they created sort of a media whirlwind in the locker room and things kind of went downhill from there. I'm just trying to do the best job I can do as far as answering the questions and trying to be a better teammate and not try to throw people under the bus.”

“So I was trying to take myself out of the situation and not do interviews at all until I had a talk with [NFL Senior Vice President of Public Relations] Greg Aiello and kind of got into a heated discussion with him as far as my stance on not doing postgame interviews because I'm not trying to go down the same road that I've been down before. So I took the initiative and they told me I had to talk in the postgame. I just went in there and did the best job that I can do without creating any media headlines. Obviously, what I did created headlines.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home