Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Former Superstar Scorches Fractured Franchise

Emmitt Smith: “I never saw Romo go snatch somebody up, and say, 'Hey, we can't win like this. We can't have guys jumping offsides. I can't have a defender coming at me unabated. Who is making the mistakes up front? Why aren't you picking this guy up? This is not going down this way. If you can't get your job done, get off the football field.”

“So when … you say things are going to change, and you've never been that dominant personality or in that leadership position then, as a player, you lose me. I'm sitting there saying, 'OK, now you're going to become a leader?' What happened in previous playoff seasons when we got knocked out both times?”

“Now all of a sudden, you're going to change? And our talent level is less than it was two years ago. How much better can we be? Phillips should instill discipline from day one. Belichick and Coughlin don't come in trying to make friends. Matter of fact, they created a bunch of enemies and then made the enemies get on their terms, and then they moved forward. And that's one thing I believe the Dallas Cowboys can use.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home