Monday, September 21, 2009

The Contest is Concluded, The Chatter Continues

Urban Meyer: “When I saw them start handing the ball off, I didn't feel like they were going after the win. The way we lose a game there is throw an interception. Why put yourself in that position? Let's find a way to win the game. We're not trying to impress the pollsters. We're trying to win the game. A lot of it had to do with the way they were playing. It made our life a little easier. They wanted to shorten the game. I remember looking out there and there's 10 minutes left in the game and there's no no-huddle, they are down, I think it was 23-6 and there's no urgency.”

Lane Kiffin: “I don't know. I guess we'll wait and after we're not excited about a performance, we'll tell you everybody was sick. This offseason the commissioner made a big deal of renewing vows in terms of what we say about other teams, other coaches and other players. Obviously Urban feels he doesn't need to follow that. We won't say anything else. I wish it was like basketball where we got another chance to play them, where we play them two times in a year. Unfortunately we won't get to play him again, and they'll have to play without Tim Tebow next time.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home