Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Pierce Expresses Remorse, Extols Refocus

Antonio Pierce: “I am not sorry for how I acted that night. I am not sorry for how I responded. I am sorry for putting myself in position that I had to respond the way I had to respond. There [are] a lot of lessons I learned from this. I take them to heart and I take them seriously, obviously. It has been a lot of ups and downs.”

“I thought I acted very reasonably and responsibly and instinctively to a teammate that was in need, and that was my concern that night, to get him help. I am tired of seeing myself on the TV and hearing my name on the TV. It is time to talk about the New York Giants and the 2009 season. Anything that happened in 2008 is irrelevant at this point. I don't have nothing to say about that incident and that season because I have to move forward like our team does and that's what I plan on doing.”

“It's a lot easier when you are on that green field with the boys. Obviously, coming back up to Albany and getting ready for the 2009 season, that's what I have been looking forward to and that's what they have been looking forward to.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home