Thursday, April 30, 2009

Paterno: Big Ten Should Expand

Joe Paterno: “We go into hiding for six weeks. Everybody else is playing playoffs on television. You never see a Big Ten team mentioned. So I think that's a handicap. I've tried to talk to the Big Ten people about, 'Let's get a 12th team -- Syracuse, Rutgers, Pitt -- we could have a little bit of a playoff.'”

“The only Northeastern team that's got a shot would be us, and yet we've got a tough job because the Big Ten is not as visible in the key times as the Southeastern Conference and the Big 12.”

“You know, it's a conference that's dominated by a couple of people. If I start talking, they're polite, but they snicker. They don't know I know they're snickering, but they're polite. ...I wish I were younger and going to be around [another] 20 years. We're not talking about invading Normandy. We're talking about some alignments that could happen very quickly.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home