Monday, March 23, 2009

Another Center, Another Controversy

Stan Van Gundy: “I'm not trying to needle anybody or tell them their business. What's amazing is they honor the guy [Patrick Ewing], I don't know, every year. They honor him, but while they've got a lot of ex-players in their organization, they've never made any move to try to hire him. That to me is amazing. I mean, I don't know. It's sort of back and forth. They seem to like you. The fans certainly love him. The organization to me sort of pretends to appreciate him and like him.”

“This is a guy that not only was the face of their franchise, but when your best player works as hard as he does and competes as hard as he does, he gives your team a chance to be great. They say great things about him, but when it's time to put up or shut up, they don't do anything. So you know, it's been amazing and it's been our fortune in Orlando, that it's pretty amazing that with the ex-players that they hire here to me, there hasn't been a move. There are other ex-players that got interviews for their head coaching job, but then a guy who's been in the league with three different teams as an assistant can't get an interview.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home