Saturday, February 07, 2009

The Age of Serena

On January 31, Serena Williams defeated Dinara Safina 6-0, 6-3. With her victory, Williams accrued her fourth Australian Open championship. “It was definitely one of my most dominant performances, especially considering it was a final,” said Williams. “I was able to just lift the level of my game.”

During her career, Williams has amassed ten grand slam titles. She has registered thirteen grand slam finals appearances. “It was first time for me to play not only for the Grand Slam, but also for No. 1 spot,” said Safina. “I never been through this situation, and she was already. Serena was too good ... I was just a ball boy on the court today.”

Dynasties are continuous. They may not own every season. Yet, they are omnipresent. From 1999-2003, Williams scored six titles and seven finals. From 2004-2009, she secured four titles and six finals. Williams never vanished. She merely allowed competition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home