Saturday, January 10, 2009

Momentous Gag

On Thursday, the Cleveland Browns hired Coach Eric Mangini. “It is really special to be back here, where I got my first opportunity,” said Mangini. “I have a very distinct vision of what I want to build. Having talented players with character, players selflessly driving toward the same goal. I'm going to be vigilant about that.”

With the New York Jets, Mangini accrued a 23-25 record. He assembled one playoff appearance. “You learn so much from your experiences,” said Mangini. “I tell players, win or lose, be honest. I ask myself that all the time. Nobody stops improving. I learned so many things over three years. There's no Dummies guide to head coaching.”

Upon Romeo Crennel’s firing, I admonished the Browns. They should avoid the impact hire. They should pursue the correct hire. Unfortunately, Cleveland rented an unwanted reject. In three seasons, I will admonish them again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home