Thursday, January 08, 2009

Bluster Continues Sadly

BCS Coordinator John Swofford: “We've attempted to make every effort to make certain that any structure of the BCS is within the antitrust laws. Our legal people are comfortable that the BCS structure is. Obviously if there are any aspects of it that we should be doing differently, we would adjust that. We're not out there trying to test the antitrust laws of the United States of America.”

President-Elect Obama: “I think Utah has a pretty good claim. They're undefeated. I think USC, which had a great Rose Bowl, beat Penn State pretty badly. They've got a pretty good claim to being No. 1. Florida and Oklahoma both have a claim. Texas, at this point, has got to feel like, 'Well, we did OK, too.' I think a football playoff makes sense. I've spoken about this quite a bit, and I think if you look at knowledgeable sports fans, they agree with me. But, you know, I've got to pick and choose my battles. I probably am going to be spending more time focusing on creating three million more jobs.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home