Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Arthur Blank: Michael Vick Should Resurface, Will Not Return

Arthur Blank: “He's [Michael Vick] written me and I've answered him. I certainly wish Michael well in the future. I believe in second chances. I believe in third chances. That doesn't mean I believe in forever chances. But I do believe he's capable of redemption and learning from his mistakes. I'll say this to you when I answer the question as fully as I can. From my perspective, people use the expression 'we've turned the page,' and we've turned the page, turned the chapter and closed the book. We've moved on and we have a franchise quarterback.”

“We're committed to Matt Ryan. Even before his early success, we were committed to Matt Ryan. We made that decision when we drafted him. When you select someone in the draft at that level and pay him what we're paying him, you expect him to be successful and you expect him to be a team leader.”

“Michael could be great for young people in the community to see a fellow who obviously made a series of very bad mistakes -- not just by who you spend time with, but to learn from those personally if he can get on with his life and be successful. I'd like to see it happen for him and for America and the National Football League. Whether or not that happens, we'll have to wait and see, but I certainly would support that.”

“I certainly would. If I thought that Michael had redeemed himself and if Roger asked me what I felt, based on my knowledge and my own sensitivity about Michael, I certainly would be supportive of him, because I think he would have paid his debt to society. He made a mistake, he made a series of mistakes, but he's been through the legal process and is paying his debt. Once that's done, he's entitled to move on with his life again. If he's successful, I think he could be an important role model in a positive way for young folks who face difficult decisions to make the right decisions.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home