Thursday, August 28, 2008

Reclamation Pacman

As previously stated, Pacman Jones has been arrested on six occasions and interrogated on eleven. Currently, he faces felony coercion charges. Why is he valued?

On April 27, the Tennessee Titans traded Jones to the Dallas Cowboys. On Thursday, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated him. “Adam has worked hard to get to this point, but he also knows that there is still a lot of work ahead of him,” said Owner Jerry Jones. “He is fully aware of the opportunity that he has been given, and he knows that this is an ongoing process.”

Predictably, Pacman was ecstatic. “I am fully a Dallas Cowboy,” he said. “I don't have it lingering over my head, will he get reinstated, will he not get reinstated. I just have to keep myself out of bad situations like I have been doing the last six or seven months. I did scream. Immediately I called my mom, because I've been beating myself up, but my mom has been through this roller-coaster with me.”

During his career, Jones has amassed 116 tackles and 4 interceptions. His criminal record trumps this. In July 2005, he was arrested on assault and vandalism charges. October 2005, Jones received probation for non-reporting to probation and not disclosing his previous arrest. August and October 2006, two incidents with women spawned disorderly conduct, public intoxication, and misdemeanor assault charges. February 2007, Jones was charged with felony coercion and misdemeanor battery and threat to life.

“It feels good man, you know, to get a second chance and I just have to take advantage of it,” said Pacman. “First and foremost, I don't want to let myself down, definitely my little girl down. I'm thankful for [Cowboys owner] Jerry [Jones], the fans in Dallas and my teammates for believing in me. I need to keep doing what I've been doing to get reinstated, staying with myself and my teammates and staying away from those knuckleheads and just stay focused.”

Reclamations require investment, optimism, and trust. Recovery is not an individual mission. Recovery occurs via amity and hope. The Cowboys have nurtured Pacman. Pacman must now cooperate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home